Today, I watched a video on ExecuNet TV, in which ExecuNet President and Chief Economist Mark Anderson discussed his predictions and thoughts on the current economic and employment environment. Here are a few points he made during the interview:
• The ExecuNet Recruiter Confidence Index is up. Currently, two thirds of recruiters are positive about the hiring environment for executives in first half of the year.
• Companies are beginning to look for talent and 2011 promises to be a better year.
• 20% of firms are looking to add positions over next six months.
• 60% of firms are looking to upgrade their talent.
• In this economy, job seekers are still advised to rely heavily on networking in the “hidden job market”, and then on third-party recruiters. Searching on job boards is the least productive job search activity.
To learn more about ExecuNet’s predictions, watch the video at: