How damaging is your online identity??
A recent survey by CareerBuilder says that 1 in 5 employers are now using social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook) sites to screen job candidates. For those if you who are skeptical about these sites, please pay attention!!! Employers are using the information on these sites to get a more well-rounded picture of a candidate, their skills, qualifications and accomplishments.
Even more interesting is that fact that 1 in 3 managers who actually use these sites to screen say they reject a candidate from further consideration based on information they found on those sites.
What are some of the areas of concern that employers have cited? Here are a few of them:
· Information about drug and alcohol use
· Inappropriate photos
· Poor writing and communication skills
· Bad-mouthing former employers/colleagues
· Inaccurate qualifications
· Confidential information about past employers
To read the entire article, please visit: